Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Over hyped and slept on

Over hyped rappers

1. Wocka Flocka Flame




Wocka Flocka to me is a very overhyped rapper. his first hit, "O lets do it" ,is just another "chant" club song with a catchy chantable chorus which is smply the title of the song repeated about seven or eight times.Most of Woca Flocka's songs are similari n nature and have really no substance difference and speaks about him accuireing money, how great he thinks he is what type of cars he has ect.Wocka Flocka has the type of rapping style that makes non hiphop listeners really think hiphop is ninsese and " just ignorance"outside of his isngs woca floca has no "proffesional persona" like T.I. or lil wayne it seems liek hes Woca flocka all the time not Juaquin Malphurs.








I fucked my money up, damn
Now I can't re-up
Ran off in his spot just to get stacks up
Now I'm back on deck,
So shawty what the fuck you want
Heard he talkin shit but this aint what the fuck he want
Locked my CEO up
Now it's back to coka


2. Cali Swag District

this group is far from original. This four boy crew can be easily mistaken for other four-boy-groups such as the "new boys" ,"Cash Camp" or solja boys SOD Money Gang { Group of four boy rappers including solja boy } and have a similar rapping style and music. thier single " teach me how to dougie" was preceeded by Rapper Lil Wil's song "my dougie" both dsongs featuring a dance move called the "dougie".like lil Wil this song brings cali swag district much fame but i doubt they will be able to compete long term in the hip hop industry



Put your arms out front, lean side to side
They gona be on you when they see you hit dat dougie right?
Aint nobody fuckin wit my bro from morningside
He go by bubba and he hit dat dance wit thunder
I aint from dallas but I d-town boogie
I show my moves off and everybody tryna do me
I leave da function and all da ladies tryna screw me
You just do you and ima do me(all day)




artists who will be even biggeri n the future





1. Nicki Minaj
Although nicki Minaj us deemed simply a copycat of lil kim i feel shestill had some originality to herto her style of rapping as well has her personal image.Every song she does is highly anticipared ande even though you may not be able to follow what she is saying in majority of her raps most of her fans dont seem to mind. i respect nicki and i am always pleased to see whatever new fangled hair and outfit she has in her videos.even the rumor that some of her body parts are fake [her breasts her butt, her calves ect] that seems to not deter away fans it seems to make her more entitled to call her self a barbie doll. considering the controvery of barbies measerurements are impossible to achieve. a actual human being couldnt fuction because of severe back and health peoblems.the idea of being a "barbie" say emperial perfection and power .

i couldnt really find a song that i felt had extremely awesome lyrics but her section on the somg "Monster" with Kanye west was interesting. i couldnt pick just eight bars i liked the whole verse so i picked two eight bar segments.

Pull up in the monster
automobile gangster
with a bad b-tch that came from Sri Lanka
yeah I'm in that Tonka, colour of Willy Wonka
you could be the King but watch the Queen conquer
ok first things first I'll eat your brains
then I'mma start rocking gold teeth and fangs
cause that's what a muthaf-cking monster do
hairdresser from Milan, thats the monster do
monster Giuseppe heel that's the monster shoe

forget barbie f-ck nicki she's fake
she's on a diet but my pockets eating cheese cake
and I'll say bride of Chucky is Child's play
just killed another career it's a mild day
besides 'Ye they can't stand besides me
I think me, you and Am [Amber Rose] should menage friday
pink wig thick ass give em whip lash
I think big get cash make em blink fast

2. kanye west



though Kanye had a drawback with the tailor swift incident it seems like hes come back with a vengence with hit singles "Monster", Power" and "Runaway"all released this year. i found it different for him to take the song "runaway" and turn it into somethign of a short movie. When he perfomed "power on SNL {saturday night live} he used about three dozen ballerinaswho did very difficult interperative dance moves a new spin on half naked video girls gyrating provcatively with next to no clothes on.when kanye came out he was dubbed nothing more than a "sampler" and was said to be un original as far as his choice of beats which at that time were mostly sampled older songs.i wouldnt be surprosed to see kanye still around and become a timeless rap fugure like jay z.
one of my favorite songs from Kanye was touch the sky these are the bars i chose that i thought were most powerful.

Dog, I was having nervous breakdowns,
Like "Damn, these niggas that much better than me?"
Baby, I'm going on an airplane,
And I don't know if I'll be back again.
Sure enough, I sent the plane tickets,
But when she came to kick it, things became different.
Any girl I cheated on, sheets I skeeted on.
I couldn't keep it home, I thought I needed a Nia Long.
I'm trying to write my wrongs,
But it's funny these same wrongs helped me write this song.
Now,

No comments:

Post a Comment