Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vice Versa by Pastor Troy





Vice Versa
Performed: By Pastor Troy ft. Peter the disciple
writers unknown
Album: Face Off
"Vice Versa"




(feat. Peter The Disciple)




[Pastor Troy - talking]




Yeah (yeah)




This song is called Goddamn, Vica Versa




(I'm doin' my best to save my people)




It's like, (The people & I will rely in God)




Picture everything that you thought was good, was really bad




Everything bad, was really good




(What if Heaven was on Earth nigga)




The whole world, vica versa




(Good is bad)




Vica versa (Bad is good)




(Dear Lord am I the only one?)




This shit here, Goddamn, gon'




Go'n get you a fat blunt of that 'droSmoke that shit




(It's all vica versa)




Look up in the air nigga




(We rich nigga)




(This is what we doin', it's vica versa)




I know all these real niggas gone feel this shit




Vica Versa, Pastor Troy




(Vica Versa)




Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah




What if Heaven was Hell and vica versa




If I told you go to Hell, would you tell I cursed ya?




I reimbursed ya with the truth so you know my fate




And pray I die, I'm that nigga that they love to hate




I wanna make you use yo mind, God has sent a sign




And when you listen to these rhymes, nigga take your time




Again I ask, Heaven was hell and vica versa




Would you start doin' evil in order to nurture--the spirit man?




Do you understand that there's a war?




It's ragin' on and the devil got some ammo too




Don't get me wrong, but I put my trust off in the Lord




It's too corrupt, know that God gon' help me blow 'em up




I give a fuck, Heaven was hell and vica versa, I have no fear




I done witnessed too much Hell right here, lend me your ear




Recall the beer we had to po'




For all our niggaz hit the Devil with the .44




Payback nigga




My liquor keep my from tryin' to enter, battle alone




And to deal with all this wickedness, I smoke a zone




Know I'm grown, but I'm still a baby




It's vica versa so I guess I'll beg Satan to save me




God I'm confused, the fuse of all these motherfuckers, makin' me sick




{*Virgin Mary never fucked nobody, but she suck dick*}




With a clique of nasty concubines, and vice-a versa




So she'll probably do the whole nine, that nasty ho




I don't know where I'ma go this Christmas, it's Satan's birth




I'ma try to smoke a pound of weed, and ease the Earth




While Jesus equiped with angels, the Devil's equiped with fire




For God so love the world that he blessed the thug with rocks




Won't stop until they feel me




Protect me Devil, think the Lord is tryin' to kill me




It's vica versa




Heaven is below, while this dozier keep me high




To see the Lord almighty nigga, I'm ready to die




My reply for any questions asked, "The Devil made me do it"




Who's the Devil may I ask?, It's so polluted




Up-rooted from all this stupid shit




See me cremated, my adaption to the climate




So glad I made it




Elated that they gon' go to Heaven




But do they know Heaven may not be the place to go




Again I ask, Heaven was Hell and vica versa




The devil's in me and I'll be damned if I'm gon let god hurt ya




Follow me...




[Peter the Disciple]




If it was vica versa, I'd be an angel, 'cause I'm a devil




A Down South Georgia Rebel, a whole 'nother fuckin' level




Remenisin' on all the good and the bad that I did




Bustin' caps and splittin' wigs




And servin' nicks and talkin' shit




This is vica versa no fuckin' commercial




Heaven or Hell, where do we go?




When we die, eternal fire or the street of gold




Only God knows, vica versa






In this song the overall message is a representation of the upside down world that we live in. The evil is often glorified and the good often neglected. In many of the verses Pastor Troy describes what if heaven was hell. How would the world be then? This song has been one of the few that makes people sit down and try to understand the true meaning behind the lyrics. The irony of heaven being hell is apparent and the words Pastor Troy uses to describe the topsy turvy world makes a person sit back and try to think outside of the box. The name of the artist even gives us some insight in this song. Associating a man of god as a rapper who is preaching the "word" is a thought provoking image.
"Elated that they gon go to heaven/but do they know heaven may not be the place to go/again I ask if heaven was hell and vica versa/the devil's in me and I'll be damned if I'm gon let god hurt ya" are the best lines in this song because it is these lines that show the true complexity of this song. pastor troy is saying that the devil is god and god is the devil. He has chosen his "bad" side to be his good side and by stating that the devil is in or evil is in him and he refuses for that to be harmed but the good that God represents. How backwards does that really sound? Another verse that brings contraversy to this song is when he says " protect me devil I think the lord is trying to kill me," Many people would probably find that line very offensive but in my opinion it is exactly what many people are subconciously asking everyday. There are evils in this world that are glorified and when you are a person that depends on the deeds of evil then you will seek protection from the wrath of god.

This song doesn't really contain a full chorus but the repeating "if heaven was hell and vice versa" is the closest thing in the sing that can be regarded as a horus. This is self explanatory on many levels. There is an irony of the worlds of good and evil being reversed. A since of sarcasm is repeated in these verses. The explaination of ironic instances following these lines are the inference that this is a sarcastic way of provoking thought and insight. There are contraversial verses throughout this song that I believe shows the true complexity of the artist and hip hop itself. A twisted representation of what is good and what is bad. There are so many different ways that one can take this particular song and so many issues that can be addressed in its lyrics. A brief mention that he believed in God but continued to pray to the devil to save him...a contradiction that I believe often happens in hip hop as a whole.

This song should go down into history because it is a great song with simple lyrics but complex ideas. The song is not only thought provoking but a real representation of the true nature of hip hop and what hip hop represents. The artistry involved in the wording of this song and the idea of this song truely embraces the reality of a lifestyle that many mnay not be aware that they are leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment