Friday, November 12, 2010

Kepping it Real and Role Models

I believe that I have included in my blog past and present people who "Keep It Real".

Ms. Ruth




"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than you fear of failure." Bill Cosby





"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time, we are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." President Barack Obama.








"One of the lessons that grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest my energy in them, because I know who I am." Michelle Obama






"There was so much meanness in the atmosphere, but marvelous things pierce through the darkness of poverty and racism. You meet all kinds of people that help put life into perspective and turn the horror into some kind of lesson or venue of awakening that lives with you all your days." Ruby Dee







"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity." Denzel Washington








"Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment Own It." Oprah Winfrey





"I'm not alone, I'm free. I no longer have to be a credit, I don't have to be a symbol to anybody; I don't have to be first to anybody." Lena Horne


























No comments:

Post a Comment